For this project, I created 3 different unique loops and 2 recorded loops that were set in the key G major. I then separated all of the loops into parts and took out random spots to make the music sound different. I continuously played the song to myself and added thing that I thought were necessary to make the music sound clearer and sharper. I learned that as you listen to your own piece more and more, you can start to think of things that you can add to it and make it sound better. Also, taking out certain parts makes it sound so much better. I never would have thought that changing the piece by taking out measures would make it sound so much more different.
At the beginning of my song, I was trying to make a base beat to start it off. After I found some nice beats, I started to push random notes on the piano to see if any of them fit. It took a while, but I eventually found some good melodies that worked pretty well together. After I was done with making different beats and melodies I tried to make everything line up and keep it all in time. I enjoyed the darkness of the beats and that we could make whatever beat that we wanted. If I wanted to make 100 different beats, then I could make 100 different beats as long as the song was in between 1 and 2 minutes long. Also, I learned that to create different beats, you have to be creative and have to be in the right mindset to create good sounds that go with each other.
The process I used to create my ABA song was that I added different types of music blocks to see if they would sound good until I found a good combo. Then, I asked myself, "what could I add to this to make it sound more complete", so I experimented with different beats and basses and eventually found one that fit perfectly. I learned that to make a song sound good, you have to add variety and different types of sounds instead of just using one sound or one series. I enjoyed the fact that we could literally do whatever we wanted and create what I envisioned from the start.